Hoofprints Gail McCarthy series Book 2 edition by Laura Crum Mystery Thriller Suspense eBooks

In this second installment in the Gail McCarthy series, the young vet stumbles upon two murdered bodies in the course of a routine call. When a midnight emergency turns into an attempt on her life, Gail knows she must uncover the motive before its too late. Plenty of authentic horse lore and an action packed plot from an author who spent most of her life training cowhorses and knows whereof she speaks.
Hoofprints Gail McCarthy series Book 2 edition by Laura Crum Mystery Thriller Suspense eBooks
I tried, but simply could not finish this book. I pushed on to the 70 percent mark, gave up and deleted it from my Kindle.. Yes, the author is very knowledgeable about horses and their numerous injuries and ailments - a bit too much. Convinced me never to own a horse.I skipped a lot of that detail. On the other hand, there were many instances where she was NOT professional. For instance, having four drinks during the day, driving and treating animals. I'm not against drinking, but that crosses my line.I would NEVER use a vet who drank while treating my animals.My main problem was ... why on earth was Gail investigating the murders? She really had no stake in the crime - other than being extremely nosy. I'm surprised the cops didn't lock her up for interfering with their investigation!
I almost gagged at the scene where Gail had been out treating horses, big SMELLY horses all day, went home and said she had 15 minutes to get ready for her date with her boyfriend. What did she do? SHE CHANGED CLOTHES!!!!! EEEUUUU no shower? Yuck and she wound up in bed with the guy. Unbelievable.
PLOT SPOILER......
The ages of the two murdered people made no sense. I first thought they were in their 40's - Cindy was described more than once as having silver-blonde hair. They'd lived in the area for a long time, gave parties, etc. They had a huge house, fancy cars - horses. Then we find out Ed was 25! His wife would have been about the same age but....we find out her father kicked her out of the house 12 years previously. When she was 12? 13? REALLY????
I finally gave up when a HIT MAN cornered Gail and told her to lay off the investigation or he'd kill her.At that point, I really didn't care what she did as I know it wouldn't make sense and I quit. I certainly would never bother to read another "mystery" by this author.
Product details
|

Tags : Hoofprints (Gail McCarthy series Book 2) - Kindle edition by Laura Crum. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Hoofprints (Gail McCarthy series Book 2).,ebook,Laura Crum,Hoofprints (Gail McCarthy series Book 2),FICTION Mystery & Detective General,FICTION Mystery & Detective Women Sleuths
People also read other books :
- Saga of the Swamp Thing Book 3 eBook ALAN MOORE STEVE BISSETTE
- The Institutes of the Christian Religion edition by John Calvin Religion Spirituality eBooks
- The Doctor Marriage Wish Crocodile Creek 24hour Rescue edition by Meredith Webber Literature Fiction eBooks
- Swallow edition by Tonya Plank Literature Fiction eBooks
- Handwriting Analysis 101 Bart A Baggett 9781882929207 Books
Hoofprints Gail McCarthy series Book 2 edition by Laura Crum Mystery Thriller Suspense eBooks Reviews
I am horse crazy and adore mysteries. I was excited when friends recommended Laura Crum. Her equestrian knowledge is accurate, the mystery interesting but I found the book lacked depth and the main character not so loveable maybe just underdeveloped. I would try another one of her books if I got low on things to read I would love for them to be good this story has potential.
I liked the story but was put off by all the profanity, which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. A good story doesn't need profanity to make it believable.
Love horses? Love mystery? Love romance? There's some of each in this light, well-written book, based around the life of a young female veterinarian in So. California. All the ingredients for a great book, right? You won't be disappointed, if you're looking for a fast afternoon read. From the start, I felt like I knew and was part of the life of Gail McCarthy. I bought this book for a very reasonable price, and will definitely purchase the entire series. (How about packaging the entire series, Ms. Crum???)
Hoofprints was a very enjoyable read.
It was really nice to find a series that horse lovers who love to read mysteries could enjoy. I can't wait to read the next installment of the Gail McCarthy series. There was plenty of action in this story that made me feel like I was back in the ring competing on my reining horse. I had a smile on my face the entire time I was reading this wonderful story.
Take the time to get to know Gail McCarthy. I very highly recommend it.
Too many dashes can really break up the flow of any sentence, let alone adding on average 2 or more to each paragraph ! I really liked this book, I thought it was a good mystery with a enough horse knowledge to keep it interesting. However there were so many dashes throughout the book that I commented to my husband more than once out of sheer frustration because the continuous dashes really annoyed me, semicolon anyone? Other than the authors love of the - the book was actually very well edited and I did find it to be a good book, will read more from the series but only when I am in a patient mood to deal with the now infamous (in my mind) -
I enjoyed the storyline of this book. It is about a veterinarian who gets caught up in a murder investigation when she arrives to check on a horse and finds the owners have just been murdered. The book has its twists and turns and puts the main character's life in jeopardy more than once. When the killer makes himself know, the reader will be surprised who he is in cahoots with.
The book was written several years ago and just released as an e-book. I wish the author had updated it a little. I would like to have seen the constant interuptions of the pager and finding a pay phone to call in be deleted and replaced wth the use of a cell phone.
Other than that, it was a good book.
Laura Crum does a masterful job inviting us into equine veterinarian Gail McCarthy's life. Any fan of mystery would enjoy these books but those of us who like mysteries AND horses are in for a treat! Add a dash of romance with a handsome cowboy, vivid descriptions of beautiful California countryside, and you have very enjoyable, intriguing, fun and well-plotted adventures.
As a side note about the peek into the horse world, I myself am an English rider. I especially like learning more about Western events such as reining and cutting while reading these books. Laura Crum is a life-long equestrian, who participated in those sports, and her own horses make appearances in the series - a great bonus!
Hoofprints is one of my favorites in the Gail McCarthy series. Be sure to read all of them!
I tried, but simply could not finish this book. I pushed on to the 70 percent mark, gave up and deleted it from my .. Yes, the author is very knowledgeable about horses and their numerous injuries and ailments - a bit too much. Convinced me never to own a horse.I skipped a lot of that detail. On the other hand, there were many instances where she was NOT professional. For instance, having four drinks during the day, driving and treating animals. I'm not against drinking, but that crosses my line.I would NEVER use a vet who drank while treating my animals.
My main problem was ... why on earth was Gail investigating the murders? She really had no stake in the crime - other than being extremely nosy. I'm surprised the cops didn't lock her up for interfering with their investigation!
I almost gagged at the scene where Gail had been out treating horses, big SMELLY horses all day, went home and said she had 15 minutes to get ready for her date with her boyfriend. What did she do? SHE CHANGED CLOTHES!!!!! EEEUUUU no shower? Yuck and she wound up in bed with the guy. Unbelievable.
PLOT SPOILER......
The ages of the two murdered people made no sense. I first thought they were in their 40's - Cindy was described more than once as having silver-blonde hair. They'd lived in the area for a long time, gave parties, etc. They had a huge house, fancy cars - horses. Then we find out Ed was 25! His wife would have been about the same age but....we find out her father kicked her out of the house 12 years previously. When she was 12? 13? REALLY????
I finally gave up when a HIT MAN cornered Gail and told her to lay off the investigation or he'd kill her.At that point, I really didn't care what she did as I know it wouldn't make sense and I quit. I certainly would never bother to read another "mystery" by this author.

0 Response to "≡ Descargar Hoofprints Gail McCarthy series Book 2 edition by Laura Crum Mystery Thriller Suspense eBooks"
Post a Comment